The New Way for Students to Work
Created by students, for students.
LocalStudent offers students flexible hours and the ability to work independently.
We are now hiring for Snow Shovelling positions.
Apply for our Snow Shovelling position.
Work on your own schedule, earn great pay, and work outdoors.
Apply to Canada’s #1 student-run company today!
Out of 14,000+ student applications, we only hire 3% of applicants. Think you’ve got what it takes to be one of our top students? Apply now!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Click “Become a LocalStudent” (the button at the top right).
2. Sign up by entering your school email, and create a password.
3. Create your profile, then click “Save”.
4. We will review your application. If we think you are a good fit for our team, you will receive an email to schedule a 15 minute phone interview.
5. If the interview goes well, you are hired immediately.
You must be at least 16 years old.
Once you are hired, you get access to a job board where you can view the jobs are available on any given day, and you can accept any jobs that you’d like. Most of our jobs are for residential homes.
Not necessarily, but you need a way to get around to jobs within driving distance.
We pay a flat rate per job. For snow shovelling, we pay between $30-$50 per job on average.
We pay through Stripe (which is similar to PayPal), and the money gets directly deposited into your bank account.
Yes you do. You will need a shovel or a snow blower.
No, you do not. Experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
We service the Greater Toronto Area, Hamilton, Barrie, Ottawa, London and Kingston.
Not yet! We only offer snow shovelling, leaf cleanup, and lawn mowing at the moment.
But we will soon offer tutoring, graphic design, web development and more!